Sunday, August 9, 2009

Obsessive Mode

Well, I've been in obsessive mode all week---as if I didn't have enough to do with the whole family here. But I have to do something when I get up before everyone in the a.m. and can't do the normal things I would normally do since everyone is still sleeping and I have to be quiet and try not to make noise.

I started last weekend in the library. I sorted out all my books and moved Butch's books to the rec room. Never again shall boy books mix with girl books. I'm hauling at least 100 books to mom for the library there. It might even be closer to 200 books. All books are now re-organized and re-categorized.

From there, I started on the rec room cabinets---that's been on my list to do for over a year. I got the cabinets cleaned out, the game closet and the art supplies closet. I got rid of all the VHS tapes and organized the DVD's. I organized all the CD's and am in the process of getting them all downloaded to my computer. I have nearly 500 albums on there now. I got rid of the old cassette tapes and the player too. I have lots of empty cabinets again!

I got up at 5:30 this morning and started in. I cleaned out the pantry, refrigerator, all kitchen cabinets, vanities in Mindy's bath and guest bath, did all the laundry and put it all away (including all the full baskets that were in the laundry room), cleaned Mindy's carpet (as best I could---but it's still ruined and looks like crap), put the dining room back together, cleaned out the mud room and the bins in there, refilled all bathroom soap dispensers and cleaned out the one that was clogged, ironed a couple things, cleaned out the drawers and remaining cabinets in the rec room, refilled toilet paper and bar soap in all bathrooms, cooked supper AND helped Butch clean out the pool shed!!!!! Plus, I still managed to get a 2 hour nap this afternoon and write 2 blog entries. I'm going to post some pictures of our week tomorrow---when I'm working in my office.

Thanks Sandy and Steph for helping me with the library and rec room. It makes it so much easier to have help with the hauling. The kids helped with the hauling too.

Now tomorrow, I'm going to get my office cleaned out---closets and desk drawers. Then it's on to putting my scrapbook room in order. It feels so good to have everything caught up. Chrissy, you would be so proud. I've come a long way from those days when you came nearly every weekend to clean up my room and organize my junk.

It's 10 p.m. and I'm going to bed---which means I'll probably be up by 4 or so....

Oh, Sandy and Steph, I cancelled the Disabled Vets pick up tomorrow too! So now I'm not mad at your dad anymore for trying to "piss me off"!!  Side note: Sandy and Steph told me I over-reacted when I was "all over" Butch for telling the DAV that they could come by tomorrow to pick up all the stuff I'm cleaning out. I give that stuff to Margarita---and he knows that. He said that he did it on purpose just to "piss me off". Well, it worked! In retaliation, I left the grill on all night just to "piss him off".  Not really, but I told him that I did.

All I've got to say is thank God we have a good sense of humor!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally jealous that your entire house is cleaned out and organized. I need to do my cabinets and closets but never seem to find the time. Maybe I'll have to start getting up at 4:00am too! And I'm glad to hear that the DAV situation is resolved! Steph and I sure got a kick out of that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.