Monday, October 12, 2009

I've Got a Secret

I've got a secret and I have to keep it from Butch. I'm pretty sure that I'm the reason that the Titan's are losing. I find that when we're watching the game at home, I start to secretly root for the other team. Then if the other team scores, Butch gets so aggravated that he'll finally turn it off. I didn't even realize I was doing this until the game last night. First of all, I had been down at the stadium with my friend, Connie, holding our spot for tailgating since 3:30 p.m. The game didn't even start until 7:30. And it was cold (okay, cold for Nashville---in the 50's). By half time, at 9 or so, I was really ready to go home. By then, the score was 21 to 6 in favor of Indianapolis. I mentioned to Butch that if we left right then, we could be home when the 3rd quarter was starting---and watch it from the comfort of our own home---enabling me to multi-task at the same time. He said that he wanted to stay for the 3rd quarter because the Titans could still "come back." That's when I realized that I was secretly saying things to myself like, "fumble, intercept, miss," etc. Then, it happened---another score and we were outta' there. I was pretty happy, but then felt so guilty about what I'd done. It was actually our friend, Pete that made me realize it. He commented as we were leaving, "Notice how Barb is happiest when we're leaving?" I've always said that I do football for "love." Not really my favorite way to spend the day. Now I feel like such a traitor. I'm going to have to change my attitude. There, done! Now let's see if they win next weekend. If they do, I'll go to confession...."bless me father, for I have sinned..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.