Friday, December 4, 2009

"Hand-made Christmas"

You know I'm not so good at these pictures, but I keep trying. Here goes---the picture of the Christmas tree is made out of pins. I made this about 10 years ago after seeing the idea in the Mary Engelbreit Home Companion. I went out the day after Christmas and bought every pin I could find with plans to make these for gifts the next year. Never did it---only made this one. But I do love it---maybe someday I'll get the others made.



Here we have my favorite cross stitch. Sandy made it for me about 14 years ago. I love it so much that it stays up year round in the powder room. 








On the far left (if that's how it shows up, you can see the button trees I made last year. I have several of these in different colors around the house.


Directly left is the ornament Christmas tree that I made. Connie paid a pretty price at a silent auction and invited Steph and me to join her and Amanda. Despite several burns from the heat gun, we all loved the results.


Stephanie made this tree for me a few years back. It's just about my favorite tree in the house---even if it's miniature.
Besides the regular tiny ornaments, it has miniature photo ornaments that she made. The tree itself is lime green and it is lighted. This picture doesn't do it justice.


1 comment:

  1. I love all the trees. I've been looking for a set of tall, skinny trees for my entry table but have had no luck. Maybe I just need to buy a small tree and decorate it. I really want a set of 3 "fun" trees in different sizes. I'm still looking so maybe by Christmas I'll finally find some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.