Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's Been Too Long!


Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged, but I've been incredibly busy. Besides my needlework lessons, bridge classes, book club, scrapbook clubs and car pool, I'm working on another friend's scrapbook room. You'll meet Nancy this week at Tony's. I've been antiquing since we've decided to go with a vintage theme for her room. She already has a lot of cool old family stuff. Plus, I get to buy stuff too. I've found that I LOVE spending other people's money. And when I get to decorate the room from scratch, well that's an added bonus. Check out this cool window I scored at the flea market this weekend for 4 bucks! Yep, 4 BUCKS!! I've been buying vintage hankies ($1.00 is my limit) for her window treatments. Even though this window is going on the wall, I got the bright idea to go ahead and repeat the window treatment on it. Pretty cool---I sorta wished I'd kept it for myself. She's going with brown and blue. I picked her paint colors this week. She has a lot of homework to do---I'm having her paint a desk brown and move a ton of stuff out, and find brown panels for the windows---but it'll be worth it.

Maybe what I like the most is being the BOSS! I'm so good at that.

See you on Wednesday at Tony's---5:30. Can't wait. Can someone pick up mom? I love you guys!

PS Yes, I know the window is sideways---I'm hanging it that way---more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I thought Nancy's room was nice when I saw it last summer. Will you be painting the window frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I am not painting the window----I love the color and shabbiness of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.