Saturday, February 27, 2010

Recent Layouts

I've uploaded all the layouts. Now I'm going to try to comment on some of them. Since I know the words might not match the photo, you'll have to figure out which layout I'm refering to. First off, the one "I'm Cooking Italian"---for some reason, it appears upside down. I have no idea how that happened as it's right side up in iPhoto.

Already, I can't get the words next to the photo, so here goes. On the layout "Brace" Yourself, this is one Smart Girl"---I used Jordan's 8th grade picture that shows her braces, a photo of the National Junior Honor Society and another of her in 2nd grade. The journaling is a report she did in the 2nd grade that was on my computer. Darn cute.

"An Unlikely Bride" is about my sister, Janice's wedding. She was always a tomboy, so we were very surprised that she chose a Scarlet O'Hara type wedding dress. I just thought that was a little more interesting than just another wedding page.

"How do you spell relief: SISTERS" is the layout about mom's surgery. I was in charge, except the girls relieved me on weekends. I swear they tried to "bump her off" while I wasn't around.

My favorite layout of the bunch is Victoria's First Communion. Due to how I now store and access my photos, I was able to use a First Communion picture of Victoria, her mom, Sandy, grammy, me and great-grandmother, my mom---all on the same page. How exciting! At least for me!

I may have already posted "Nonna's Punch Bowl" but couldn't remember. I cherish this family heirloom. I journaled about how I wondered if Nonna loved entertaining as much as I do and that perhaps, even though I never knew her, perhaps we shared that. When I asked mom about the punch bowl, she consulted with Aunt Marie and then told me that they both could not remember it ever being used. It sat on top of the china cabinet their whole lives. Sheesh---so much for my search for a connection!














You will find 2 layouts called "Just Dance". No sense in re-inventing the wheel---especially since these layouts are going in different albums and are of different subjects. In fact, I've used that same title in the layout I did about my cousin, Chrissy and me.

"The Price of Beauty" layout is about make-up. The journaling is taken directly from my blog entry here: http://barbaraeads.blogspot.com/2009/03/beautys-only-skin-deep.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.