Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust!

This morning I opened the trash compactor. Another mouse hopped out! Of course I screamed and jumped back. Butch was standing there and saw it too. I asked him where it went and he said it ran into the pantry---my worst nightmare. So now I'm totally freaked out again. We had one sticky trap left. Butch placed it in the pantry. When I left to take Jordan to school, I told him to leave the kitchen so it would be really quiet and we could catch the mouse. To make a very long story short, we didn't get it. I pretty much drove Butch nuts about it all day. He went to Walmart and bought the death traps. When I got home from stitching about 7:30, I asked him if he'd set the traps. By now he's totally aggravated with me about how obsessed I am about these darn mice. He finally set the traps about 9:30 p.m. It was about a half hour when we heard the "snap". I expected him to jump right up, but he causally waited until the show we were watching was over. I never saw another bit of the show as I could not concentrate. All I could think of was that mouse. Now I'm so on edge, I'm afraid to walk anywhere near the kitchen. When he finally disposed of it, I asked him if he had put another trap behind the trash compactor. He snapped at me---really mean, "BARB! I've taken care of it!" See what I mean, he's had it with me and the mice. Isn't he supposed to protect me from such beasts? At least I was pretty sure that was in the marriage contract.

2 comments:

  1. You probably caught the mommy & daddy. All that's left now are the cute little babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I use to get mice all the time and I hate them. I have someone come once a year and they set those sticky traps everywhere downstairs, in the garge and in my pantry. I still get 1 or 2 a year. YUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.