Monday, April 5, 2010

"Believe"

The layouts for "A Year of Memories" this month were to be faith-based. The kit included a chipboard title "believe". It is so much fun to see how everyone uses the kit.

Susan used "I believe in God, angels, miracles family, friends" placed around the circle. She used two plates to make the circle. She did her journaling, but lacks typing skills, so is reliant on one of us for that. We're happy enough to do it for her. She did include her favorite prayer.

Pam decided against a faith based layout and used "I believe in tradition". That's okay---however you want to interpret the assignment is completely up to each person. Her journaling included a story about how her cousin surprised the family by donning their grandmother's clothes and impersonating her. She said her cousin was right on with the impersonation. She included a few photos of her grandmother so you could see the resemblance. She never really planned to scrapbook these pictures until this assignment and then was thrilled to use them.











On my layout, I used a piece of the silhouetted paper as a mask to paint over the title. My title:
"believe me growing up Catholic wasn't always easy. Several of us made a rosary with the beads and cross. I also used my sewing machine to stitch around the cross and outside of the page. I also included some pictures of my First Communion prayer book---even the inside where Jennifer wrote her name with red crayon. The caption reads: "another hazard of growing up in a large family---nothing is your own."

Jeanne went with "I'm a Believer". Everyone was impressed with her use of the crystals to create the little cross. They missed her journaling this month, but I assured them it was on the way. They also like the pocket she made for extra holy cards.




Stephanie went with a quote to replace her title. Her journaling was particularly meaningful. We all said that after reading it, it's nice to know that the religious education really mattered. My friends complimented her on her writing ability. What can I say---she's my daughter!! They also like how she changed the font and color in her quote.

Karolyn used "I believe there's a master plan" and talked about all the important people in her life. On the "believe" she embossed it with verdigris embossing powder. It was really cool.

We are all having a great time with this project. Everyone agrees that it is really making them think differently about their scrapbooking. They are scrapbooking stories they never thought about before. Thus, I'm trying to get everyone to stop referring to their "scrapbooks" as they have truly become "storybooks"!! Good job girls! Not a single one of them is any longer intimidated by the journaling and we're only 4 months into it!! My mission has been accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how everyone uses the materials in a different way and all of the layouts turn out beautiful. I thought for sure you were going to use the same title as me since you're a Monkees fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of the Monkees connection. Although I liked them, I was totally in to Motown. Pam was the real Monkee fan, but she didn't think of it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could see Mrs. Broussard's embossed believe up close - that looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.