Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Making the Most of My Memories Workshop

I presented my last class with a challenge---create a layout based on a connection you were able to make since re-organizing your pictures in this new system.

Although 7 "signed up", only 4 actually came. That's okay---they gave me some really good feedback. The statement that struck me the most---one of the girls said that when I stated in class---"if you don't tell the stories, it's only pictures on a page"---that this is when it really "clicked" with her. Be sure to notice her "doll" layout. She had photos of her grandmother, her mom, herself and daughter with their favorite dolls. Her daughter's doll (which is Samantha from the American Girl collection) is very similar to that of her grandmother---same time period. By re-organizing her photos, she saw that connection right away.

Another girl discovered that she had several photos of her son in camo and playing "war" when he was little, now he's in Iraq. That one gave me chills.

Lola, was able to do a layout about the changes her Christmas tree has taken over the years---despite the fact that her family accuses her of taking a photo to get it exactly the same.

My friend, Kathy, forgot to take a photo of her own layout. It was a really great layout about Sedona. By re-organizing her photos, she discovered a photo that she had taken on her honeymoon in Sedona. Several years later, they moved there. She had taken some pictures from her back porch. With the re-organization, she discovered it was the EXACT same view as her honeymoon.

I just love it when people are excited about how well this system works!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.