Thursday, May 6, 2010

Now I Know...

...why America is fat. Here's the story.

On our way to Sandy's a couple weeks ago, we drove through Burger King. I wanted the fish sandwich, but not the meal---just a small order of fries with the sandwich. I still had a drink, so I didn't need that either. The meal combo which came with a medium order of fries and medium drink was $4.59. When I got to the window, the kid said my total was $5.33. I said, "you mean that just the sandwich with a small order of fries is more expensive than the meal combo?" To which he replied, "yes". I told him to just go ahead and give me the combo, except I wanted him to keep the drink and give me small fries instead of the medium ones. He looked at me kinda funny and then left the window. A few seconds later, he has his back to me and is talking to a woman. She has a puzzled look on her face and then opens the window to ask me what the problem was. I told her that now I know why America is fat. I then proceeded to tell her that I wanted to go ahead and order the combo, but leave off the drink and give me small fries. She rang me up and said the total would be $3.99. I looked at her with a funny look on my face to which she responded, "I've given you a 20% discount." What the...?? All I wanted was a sandwich with a small order of fries. I didn't want any special favors or discounts---just a fair price. Seems to me that it should automatically be cheaper if you order less. If it's not, it's no wonder America is fat. Who wants to pay more for less? And they say we have a choice? What kind of a choice is that? Now we know why America is fat. I almost wish that was my excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.