Friday, May 14, 2010

A Year of Memories---May

This month, the topic was about our "home"---however you wanted to interpret it.

Here are the layouts. Susan is slightly computer illiterate, so she does her journaling by hand then is at the mercy of us to type it up for her---that's why there's usually a blank on her page. But, her journaling is always inciteful.



















On Jeanne's layout, everyone liked how she used the "road" to symbolize how "long" she's come in her titled page: "I've come a long way... baby!"

Stephanie used her 12" printer to make an oversized picture of her house. She played around with the color and made it sort of a misty blue---everyone liked that too.

Pam had some fun facts about her childhood home that were interesting---like how much it cost when her parents bought it.

I made my layout---"On the Move" about all the places we've lived since marrying in 1971. I did it like a timeline. For each location that I did not have a photo, I just substituted little houses with the address.

Karolyn did a "take-off" of the popular "my space" by using "my space(s)" as her title. She started with her childhood home through to their farmhouse on the Duck River today. Notice that each arrow actually is a little journaling block. A great way to include it if you don't have enough room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.