Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nancy's Bedroom

Nancy's bedroom turned out beautifully. I was thrilled to be involved in the project from the very beginning---choosing the paint color. Although her bedroom was beautiful, Nancy was ready for a change. We shopped for fabric, scoured the antique shops and flea market. This gorgeous bird bedding came from Pottery Barn. The window treatment in the bathroom was made by Nancy as was the table toppers and monogrammed pillow on her bed. She used pillow shams to make the toppers. I don't sew---just tell other people what to do! I'm good at that.













My original idea was to have a huge antique frame that would frame the smaller frames for over the bed. What we found in the way of large frames were hundreds of dollars, so I had to abandon that idea. To add interest to the picture collage, I had Nancy put a couple of the picture hangers on the corner so I could hang them on the diagonal.

I love the old needlepoint bird pictures Nancy found. We found the bird lamps at the flea market. I love going----I find pretty cool stuff just about every time.




The vintage gate (replica) I actually found for another friend's room. But when Nancy saw it, she fell in love with it, so I saved it for her bathroom. She wanted to use it for jewelry. I decided to add some of the hankies from her collection. I asked her if she had any vintage jewelry---she opened up the bottom drawer of her dressing table and let me "have at" her mother's jewelry. I used clip earrings and vintage pins to hold the hankies. She added her "regular" stuff.

It was so much fun to do. Now that I'm finished with all of my friend's decorating projects, I think I'll start one of my own. I'm thinking the sunroom---stealing Nancy's "birds". I think I'll start by selling all the furniture and window treatments on Craig's List and start from scratch.

Of course, I still need to find a drywall man and get my library repaired and painted. I think I'll paint the grass cloth in there while I'm at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.