Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pool Update

I think I mentioned that our pool company went out of business. Well, there really are only 4 small issues left---a little brickwork, the new drain we had put in is placed "higher" than the ground, no diving board and that stupid piece of equipment sticking up in the middle of our yard. I still can't believe how stupid that is. The problem with that is in order to move it now, it will require chopping up the new decking and purchasing and installing new lights. Once the wire has been cut on the lights, you can't splice it since it is water related. I don't know how much this will cost, but the lights were $350 each and we have 2 of them. I have an electrician coming out on Monday to talk to me about them.

The company---Blue Haven Pools---is a reputable, national franchise. Butch has been talking to the corporate office. So far, he's been able to get them to agree to get us the diving board which turns out to cost $792.00. The company has no obligation to us personally, but they told Butch that a lot of people in our area have been left "hanging". They are going to try to work with us. I doubt we'll get much more than the diving board as they really have no obligation to us, but that's a nice "big" thing to get from them. I do hope that works out.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed the pool this past weekend and I love that it's saltwater because it didn't dry my skin out at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.