Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teenagers!

After a really fun weekend in Chicago---which I'll blog about later---Steph is having to deal with her teenagers and their erratic comings and goings. Actually, I'm dealing with it too!

Sunday night, Jordan called around 9 p.m. to see if she and friends could come over and swim. Butch handed the phone to me thinking it was too late. I stay up late and her curfew is 11, so I didn't have a problem with that. We got to see the new pool lights for the first time---lookin' good.

Jordan arrived with her boyfriend and his cousin. Then she asked if there was an extra swimsuit around---like that beanpole could fit into one of mine! Steph has one here, but that's too big too. She said she'd just have to watch---yeah, right. I'm not stupid---I knew she'd go in with her clothes. I didn't care about that either. When they left about 10:30, they didn't even come through the house. I guess she was afraid that I'd yell at her about swimming in her clothes.

Yesterday, Morgan called and asked if I would pick her and her friends up to come swim at 1 p.m. Butch, needing gas---and willing to drive out of his way to save 2 cents a gallon---even though it costs him an extra $2.00 to get there---said he'd go. As soon as Morgan and her 2 friends got here, they wanted food. I was trying to take my nap. Butch was dealing with the frozen pizza while Morgan made bagel thins for them. She ended up using the whole bag---sort of defeats the purpose of getting the thins if each person eats two. Then it was soda and other snacks. Finally, about an hour later, they set the music to "blast" and were heading out to the pool.

About that time, Jordan arrives with her boyfriend. They all had a good time. Cameron left around 4:30 to get to work---gotta' like that---a boyfriend that actually works.

The girls came in and were telling me that Steph had "required" them to be at a family dinner from 6-7 that night. Thinking that Steph was picking them up on her way home from work around 5:15, everyone was just waiting and talking. 5:30 comes and goes. Our dinner is almost ready when I tell the girls to give their mom a call. They thought I had called her and told her that they were here. Total miscommunication all around. Steph was already home and not happy. I ended up taking them home after Butch and I ate. I offered to let them eat with us. I had plenty of vegetables, but only 2 bbq pork chops. They declined---I guess fresh peas, squash, tomato and cucumber salad didn't sound so good to snack loving teens.

On the way home, I asked Jordan if she had swum (swam?) in her clothes the night before. She started with "grammy, I fell in." I told her that I wasn't born yesterday and was sure that she'd "fallen" in. I knew that when she left without saying good-bye she thought I'd yell at her. I reminded her that I'm cool! I just want her to know that she can't pull one over on me.

I think it's going to be a long summer for Steph---and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.