Friday, July 2, 2010

A Year of Memories---July

We're heading off to Disney tomorrow for our family vacation. I'm hoping to blog from there depending on internet access. I don't mind paying if it's a reasonable rate as I consider it part of the cost of vacation. I'm addicted to my computer and can't travel without it! If you don't hear from me, then that just means that it was ridiculously expensive and even I wouldn't pay!!

But, before I go, I wanted to share the latest layouts from AYM. The topic this month was your daily or weekly routine. I did two layouts because I wanted to do both. The first one here is titled "Weekly Life". I scanned my calendar and then printed it out. I also enlarged it, printed it on vellum and mounted it on the chipboard letters that I had already pained blue. Butch gets credit for going over to Christ the King to get a photo of the church for me. He's so sweet!







"Details of Everyday Life" is just about my day to day---starting with a picture of the microwave indicating what time I got up on that particular day. Then it's a matter of detailing my daily routine.

Jeanne and I had the same idea about the clock theme, but I must admit, her layout is a little more creative with the clocks than mine. Her title is "My Daily Grind"---she used the bullet point style of journaling to give an account of her movements through the day. One thing we all learned is that she's really a slacker at work! Lucky girl. Oh, and she takes a lot of medicine!

Pam's layout is titled, "My Everyday Life". She used a list style journaling and included highlights of her month. The circles on the left were cut all in one piece from the Cricut cartridge---calendar---I'm not sure of the name.

Stephanie's title is "It all starts with the Kitchen Sink". Her layout is about how much time she spends cleaning the kitchen due to the girls being home with friends. They might clean some, but not to her satisfaction---plus they eat all day long---cooking and making messes even into the night.

Karolyn's title "Agenda for a week" tells the story of the past week for her which included an impromptu trip to Birmingham to help her daugther, Erin with the baby. All of our lives are hectic, so she decided to focus on just one week of hers.

Susan went with "Life...Everyday". She created a great layout about what happens everyday. She said that after she had it completed, she had an "aha moment" at 5 a.m. She created a layout that was actually a lie! The layout is about how she wishes her life was---but rather, it's much more chaotic than the layout shows. She used today as an example---she barely gets downstairs---still in her "jammies" when her husband comes in and growls that he needs some towels. Turns out, their daughter, 30 something, Sarah who has moved home for a couple months, left her sunroof open. The sprinkler had soaked the inside of her car. Susan was outside in her pajamas trying to help dry it out. Then a little later, said daughter was on a business call when the home phone rang. She threw the phone to Susan about 10 yards down the hall. Susan feels a little out of control---which is justified due to the fact that she is also in the middle of re-modeling her kitchen.

There's never a dull moment for any of us. That's the point of this page---to just capture a glimpse of what our life is like in 2010!

Next month's theme is "ancestors". Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

1 comment:

  1. How did Pam write "After raising a family" along the side of her layout?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.