Monday, August 23, 2010

Another New Recipe

Malinda Wilkinson, Steph's childhood friend and the daughter of my friend, Connie sent me this recipe. She sent it because I had shared some recipes here. I told her that I would post it for everyone to try. If anyone else wants to share, feel free. Sorry, I couldn't get the picture to show up.

Taco Salad with a Twist Recipe

* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 package (11oz) torn iceberg & romaine
* 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
* 1 cup sliced green onions
* 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans rinse/drain
* 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese
* 8 cups corn chips
* 1 cup green goddess salad dressing
* 1/2 cup sour cream

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add the beef, beans and cheese. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately. Crumble corn chips on top as served or use chips to scoop mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.