Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cheese Tortellini Crisis

We had our Monday planned. Butch and I were going to Mindy's to haul some stuff and hang some pictures. On her way to work, Mindy called Butch in a panic. She said that the night before a tortellini had jumped out of the pan and landed between the stove and the counter---way in the back. She tried to use a hanger to get it out, but couldn't. She asked Butch if he could handle it so that it wouldn't draw bugs or something worse.
Mindy: "well are you going to be able to get it out?"
Butch (in a slightly exasperated voice): "I don't know Mindy...it's not exactly like I have an instruction booklet on how to remove cheese tortellinis from behind stoves!"

He couldn't get it out. Sounds like a job for the "super"--after all, they said to call anytime about anything! I think it would be really funny to call them about this and see how they respond.

Notice the picture? It's a good thing he had his shirt tucked in, or he would have had the tv repairman butt thing going on. Oh wait---he really used to be a tv repairman. Looks like he still has the moves!

From the time the girls were little, they thought he could fix anything. My favorite was the plastic Barbie doll high heel that had a broken strap. Sandy was sure he could fix it. And the time Steph flushed a doll bottle down the toilet. He had to take the toilet off the floor and finally break the bottle to get it out. She was mad at him for breaking it. Mindy regularly hands him a tangled mess of necklaces. He somehow always manages to come through for them.

Back to Monday. From Mindy's, we went to Steph's where you see Butch in the picture here replacing the door handle and lock. Last week, it was her washer. He had already given up hours of his football afternoon on Sunday to work on her outside lights. He also fixed her garage door opener---or I should say fixed the progam-able keypad

I feel sorry for him that he has 3 households to maintain. All I can say is thank God he's retired! I recall the time a couple years ago that Steph called him in a panic that her closet pole had fallen down. He responded, "well Steph, I'm in a meeting in Atlanta with $500 an hour attorneys. I can't do anything about it now."

The girls don't know anything else to do but to call on him when they need help. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Another cute saying from my 1929 autograph book:
Drink your tea, think of me.
Drink it hot, forget me not.

1 comment:

  1. I'll give Dad some jobs around my house next week when you come. I want to make sure that he feels right at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.