Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over!

This is what I encountered when I went in to take my shower on Wednesday morning. Right away I about freaked out. I ran back to the kitchen to grab my camera and yell at Butch, "the honeymoon's over!"

Mindy comes
over every day. I've already said that. And most of the time, it's twice a day. And sometimes, it's three times a day. She's been coming over in the morning around 5:45 to work out and get ready here. She said that getting ready at the Y with women blow drying their hair in their "granny panties" is just plain creepy. She works 5 minutes from our house (okay, 6, but who's counting). Usually I don't mind. But I was just telling Butch that I don't seem to have any time to get my things done around here. Being interrupted multiple times a day plays "hell" with a work schedule. On this particular day, I was in my office by 5 a.m. working on estate "stuff". Mindy came over soon after---she's actually admitting that she likes being a morning person as she realizes how much she can accomplish by getting up early. Plus now, she's training for the New Orleans marathon in February. Her "good morning" greeting was the first interruption. She went out for her run, then came back into my office for another chat before showering for work---interruption #2. Still another interruption before she went to work. By that time, it was time for me to get ready for my day. I didn't get nearly as much done as I had planned. I guess I need to get used to this---I wished for her to move back! I'm really not complaining. But I do believe she has moved back home. More in my next blog entry.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.