Friday, November 19, 2010

House of Lapps

We had such a good time at Sandy and Greg's. We got there on Friday. We love just walking up to the door, ringing the bell and then seeing the kids reactions when they realize it's us! We weren't there a half hour before Elizabeth wanted to know what game we wanted to play. Sandy made a nice dinner for Friday night and we spent the evening talking and catching up.

On Saturday, I took Sandy and the kids shopping. I let them all get two outfits---except Mitchell as he didn't want any clothes. I told him that I'd do something nicer for Christmas then. The guys went geo-caching. We had lunch at Red Robin, then home for the afternoon. Another great dinner, then an evening of games. They introduced us to a new one called "Hed Banz" that was a riot. I've been searching here, but have been unable to find it.

After a big breakfast on Sunday, Sandy and I went to a great antique mall. They were having their Christmas Open House, so we enjoyed the Christmas music. Between Christmas Village on Thursday night, the music at the mall and antique mall, it's starting to look like Christmas! We each made several purchases. Sandy found this really cool and huge punch bowl on sale for $22.00. She also got an old fashioned (from the 1950's) eggnog set. I found another antique mirror to add to my "wall of mirrors". I found a couple of things for friends and a pink, metal doll high chair. Where I'm doing to put that I have no idea---but it was too cute to pass up.

That afternoon, Greg and Sandy took Mitchell to Hackett Catholic High School's Open House where he'll be attending next year. Butch watched football while I played games with the girls. I finally go to see the Hannah Montana movie which I really enjoyed. Sandy cooked another good meal, a few more games, and bed for the kids.

Monday, back to the mall for Sandy and I to do some Christmas shopping. We met Butch for lunch. After, we went to Target and Michaels before picking up the kids from St. Monica's. Barely time for homework until we left for Mitchell's basketball game. It was a fun game to watch. He scored a couple of baskets and his team won.

We stopped at Steak and Shake on the way home where the Lapps treated us. By the time we got home, it was 8, so that made for a quick evening.

We headed home early on Tuesday morning. It was cold in Michigan and we were disappointed to find that it had gotten cold in Nashville while we were gone---and there must have been a storm due to all the leaves.

Now it's time to get ready for the holidays! I've hired Morgan and Jordan to help me with the decorating this year. They want to earn some money for Christmas gifts---and Jordan is working on her car fund. She has plenty of time as she's no where near ready to be let loose. She could easily pass the driving test, but we're not ready to turn her loose. She needs a lot more practice---just time behind the wheel.

And now for the pictures. Above you see Victoria and Elizabeth ready for school. I don't have any shots of Mitchell---what can I say---teenagers are never around when you want to snap a few shots.

There's so much about motherhood that I've forgotten already. Namely, homework. Luckily, the girls don't complain.

Victoria is having the best school year. Her teacher likes her so much that I had to tease her about being "teacher's pet". While we were there, she got this award certificate. Elizabeth was happy to get to be the door holder and line leader. I can remember the fun in those simple acts---makes you feel "big" to have those responsibilities.

Lastly, Elizabeth was making food requests for Christmas. I told her she better write them down for me. Everything she picked was sweet---lemon cake, oreo balls, cake balls, decorated cookies---she definitely has my sweet tooth! I told her that now that grandpa is home, we can have a baking day together. Butch rolled his eyes, but I think it will be fun. I'll let you know how that goes!






2 comments:

  1. We have the Hed Bandz game too and it is really fun! Analise got it from a classmate for her birthday. Merritt has a hard time not saying what's on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time too! I just saw the Hed Bandz game at toys r us. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get one for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.