Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Keeping the Girls---For Another Week

So here we go again. Steph's out of town for the week, so the girls are "ours." Every time I think it's going to be fun--- it's just more work---with fun moments. Like---last night at 9:10 p.m. Jordan says to Butch, "grandpa, we have to stop somewhere on the way to school tomorrow to get a canvas for art class."
Barb interrupts, "Jordan, when did you know about this?"
J: "Last Friday---but I told grandpa after school."
B+ (he's always been B+ and I'm B-): "Jordan, I'm not your mother. I shouldn't have to be taking you all over town for stuff."
J: "But grandpa, whenever I tell mom I need something for school, she just yells at me. I'm scared of her."

Yeah right, these girls have it all over their mom. But still, it's pretty funny that they aren't one bit scared of their grandpa. They know that he'd do anything for them. Like tonight---Jordan is getting him to take her to a friends house at 7 p.m.---"but on the way, can we stop by our house and feed my fish?"

Thank God he's retired.

Now it's night-time. I got home from stitching at 7 and noticed that Butch hadn't left yet to take Jordan. I volunteered since he picked them up from school. As is typical of teenagers, the plans change exactly 13,000 times. Morgan went home with a friend to spend the night. The girls are off school tomorrow. Jordan couldn't arrive at her friend's until 8 p.m. When we were ready to leave, she reminded me about the fish---darn---I didn't get back home until 9:30 p.m.

Today, Thursday, I got to school to pick the girls up and Jordan shows up with her friend, Katie in tow. "Grammy, can we take Katie home? She locked her keys in her car." That meant a trip to Bellevue--when for once I wouldn't have had to go! I guess it cost about 30 minutes extra. What a pain.

I do enough running around with them as it is. Having them all week just means more running---and cooking. I'm spoiled with our quiet little life!

Tonight, Butch is taking Morgan and her boyfriend, Carson to the Titan's game. Another cold one. I heard him tell Morgan as they're walking out the door---"no, you're not taking that snuggie---you'll look stupid!" To which she responded, "Grandpa, it's not a fashion show!" That's the line he's been preaching to the girls since ours were little.

So now what in the heck am I supposed to do with that snuggie?;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.