Sunday, January 16, 2011

Checking In

I've had a pretty busy couple of days. Chris Eads visited with Sara, Makenna and Ben. We had a really fun time. On Friday, I took them to the Pfunky Griddle. It's one of our family favorites---the kids love to make their own pancakes. We went to the show afterwards. Sara and kids saw Tangled---that was our family movie at Christmas---excellent for adults too. Chris and I saw The King's Speech---also good. Nancy has picked that for us to see with Connie tomorrow. I'll meet them for lunch, but skip the movie. I toyed with seeing it again, but I have a class this Saturday, so really need to get on that.


On Saturday, I took Chris to Nashville Needleworks---the main reason for her visit. She ended up buying several pieces to the tune of --- maybe I shouldn't mention it here---let's just say it's upper 5 figures counting cents. You never know who might be reading....she says it was worth the trip. She even got a better discount than I did on my birthday---when I bought myself a present! Not fair! Lisa told her not to tell me, but I browbeat Chris to get it out of her!


I cooked dinner for the whole family on Saturday night. Then we spent the evening playing family games. Lots of fun, but tiring. After everyone left and Butch went to bed, we watched Despicable Me. Another good one.


Their plan was to get on the road by 9 a.m. this morning. After loading up the car, Sara realized she had left Ben's car seat in Steph's car. We called her and Butch left to meet her half way. About 15 minutes later, Butch called to say that Steph didn't have the car seat---didn't Sara put it in the garage? The look on Sara's face was priceless. They said they should stay to apologize to Butch when he got home. I told them that they could go and I would just tell Butch that they wanted to avoid his wrath!


After they left, I spent the day doing laundry and catching up on a few things. My book is really good and I was hoping to finish it. I have 100 pages left. Maybe tomorrow. 


Tonight, I took a nice long bubble bath, then helped Butch mop up his red wine spill all over his stuff. Didn't really bother me---it was his stuff. Now if he had spilled it on my stuff---that would not have been good!! Funny how calm I was while he was panicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.