Friday, January 7, 2011

"What I APPRECIATED Today!"

I promise that I am not going to do this everyday---well, actually, yes I am, but just not here. Today, I appreciated my Earl Grey Supreme tea by Harney and Sons http://www.harney.com//Earl-Grey-Supreme/products/56/. It's a treat to start my day---no bags for me---I like it brewed from leaves. I also appreciated the fact that Butch made breakfast for all of us (including Mindy) since I was in my scrapbook room since 5:30 a.m. Mornings are my prime working time. I can get so much done without interruptions.

I appreciate that he went to the grocery store, picked up a box of wine for me, picked the girls up from school, brought his shop vac upstairs for me so I can vacuum out the attic (which I'm sure he would have done if I'd asked him---but sometimes I feel like I might be taking advantage of him) and carried in a load of wood so I can have my nightly fire. Basically, I appreciate my retriever! Then he quizzed me about the charges to our debit account---retrieving the mail has got to stop. That's when I had to revert to my New Year's resolution---thank God he's here to aggravate me!

Lastly, I appreciate the fact that my cousin, Judy, is joining me on this "one little word" journey. I kinda wish I woulda thought of her word. It states more clearly what I'm trying to accomplish with mine.

Judy, a tip for you----I've started a small notebook that I can list the things I appreciate each day. I do plan to make a scrapbook layout about my word---maybe several pages or even a whole book to encompass the little things I appreciate in my life complete with pictures.
Here's what Judy had to say:


My word for 2011 is GRATITUDE.
I am so grateful for so many things that it will be interesting to see how many I really will have at the end of the year. My first one is my gratitude to you for getting me started in scrapbooking because it truly is a great passtime to have in retirement and all the things I have done before this year means so much to me.
I going to look into the website and maybe join up.
Thanks Judy

There's still time for you to pick your own word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.