Thursday, March 24, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

We were on our way home from Las Vegas when my sister, Joyce told me that she was going home to Corned Beef and Cabbage. That made me crave it, so we stopped at the grocery store on the way home from the airport. St. Patrick's day was Thursday---the day we got home. I didn't have time to cook it then, but planned to do it on Friday. Then I remembered we couldn't eat meat on Friday. I had my class on Saturday and had a late lunch, Butch played golf and didn't eat until 4---so cooking it on Saturday was out too. Sunday, I was going to dinner with my book club (we went to see Jodi Picoult---fabulous), so that was out. Now we're to Monday. I finally cooked the St. Patrick's day meal on Monday. I decided to check Paula Deen's cookbook. She recommended these delicious muffins to go with the meal. Just thought I would share. I think it's similar to another recipe I have, but not exactly the same---plus these are muffins---whereas my other recipe is for cornbread.

Corny Corn Muffins
1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup creamed corn
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Grease (or spray with Pam) 12 muffins tins. Combine all ingredients and stir until moistened. Fill muffin cups with batter and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

I've put 8 of them in the freezer. We'll see how that goes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.