Friday, March 18, 2011

T.V. Review

It's about time to discuss some t.v. shows. My favorite, "Glee" has taken an ugly turn this season. The stories are lame, offensive and not nearly as good as last year. How could they do that to my favorite? I've decided that I'm going to keep watching it for the the performances as that's still the best part of the show. Maybe the story lines will get back on track later. Even Sue hasn't been that funny lately.

Amazing Race is still one of our favorite reality shows. The Bachelor is too scripted, but I'll probably keep watching it---The Bachelorette is starting soon (side note, Mindy saw a spoiler and found out that one of the guys turns out to be someone that she dated at Tulane---this should be interesting). We still like Survivor---but not as much as when they had to eat gross stuff. As for Celebrity Apprentice---I had high hopes, but they voted my boy, David Cassidy off the very first night. Bummer, not interested. American Idol, there's about 3 that I like. I think the cast is weak this year---despite what the judges say. How would they know as they are mostly new too?

As for new shows---there are two that have quickly become "can't miss" for me. Blue Bloods is great---I love the whole family aspect and I do love Donnie Wahlberg and Tom Selleck. Then there's Harry's Law---with Kathy Bates---quirky, refreshing and fun.

I still watch Criminal Minds---what a twist that show took this week. I do hope it means that J.J. is back. I was pretty upset when she left.

I've been watching Big Love since the beginning. It is ending this year. Things are so up in the air right now, I can't imagine how they are going to wrap it up---there's only about 3 episodes until the finale. We'll see.

As for comedies, I still like The Middle, Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men---but I guess that's over now too. I've recently started to watch Modern Family---we're getting a kick out of that.

I like Grey's Anatomy, but Private Practice is better.

One good thing---I tape everything so that I can zip through the commercials. An hour show has 20 minutes worth of commercials. I can watch 2 hours worth of shows in an hour and 20 minutes. You know how I am about saving time, multi-tasking and being efficient. Taping is the only way to go.

So, what's on your viewing schedule that I need to try?

4 comments:

  1. I sent you an e-mail with our preferred shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My comment posted! I comment all the time but it never posts on your blog. I don't know what I did differently today but it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to post a comment, you have to be logged in. I don't know why sometimes you are and sometimes you aren't. To tell if you are logged in, just look at the upper right menu. It will either have your name or email address. If not, it will say guest and then you have to click on sign in.

    I was getting aggravated because sometimes I couldn't post on other people's blogs. Then I discovered that you have to make certain that you are signed in.

    Hope that helps.

    PS Yes, we did go to Pawn Stars---fun to be there, but we didn't see Rick, the old man, junior or Chumley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also was really shocked at Glee, somehow I don't think the story line will change anytime soon. I've alsways liked Kathy Bates so Harry's Law is a favorite of mine. I watched the last two Bachlor eposides and it was stupid. Now their in all the magazines saying their not sure when they will hitch up. No more for me. The Best Bachlorette one ever was Trista & Ryan and we have a gal in our group that is very close with the Family of Trista and they are still fine. I started Blue Bloods but seemed to have lost interest. I've watched a little of some other reality shows they all seem to go off the deep in. I too was excited about Celebrity App. but not off to a great start. I only tape due to the same reason u do. Have you ever counted how many commercials are on a hour long show. UGH Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.