Wednesday, April 6, 2011

And the Party Continues....

On Friday night before the reunion and Saturday night after the reunion, we wound up at Jeanne's house. Of course, no Zimmermann party would be complete without this:
The fully stocked bar...something for everyone---not to mention the food---darn, I wish I'd gotten a picture of the giantic, 6 foot sandwiches that Janet got (Jeanne sent me the picture---see below). They were huge! We definitely like to eat AND drink. We always have a poker game---mostly two going at the same time since the family is so large. This night, we really needed three games to accommodate the teenagers. 




Friday night, our family stayed until midnight. By Saturday night, the little girls were tired and so was I (I didn't get a nap and you know how I am without one). About 9:30, we decided to leave. Well, that posed a problem as Mindy, Butch and Greg were playing poker. Since they were all drinking, none of them could drive. That meant they had to leave with us. Mindy was NOT happy and started complaining right away---"well, if I'd known that my Saturday night was going to end at 9:30, I'd have stayed home." She had just arrived that morning in time for the reunion so she wouldn't have to take a day off work. It was after 10 by the time we said our goodbyes, but she wasn't happy. That lead to bickering in the car---until, I saved the day. I suggested that we play poker at the hotel. Everyone seemed to think that was a good idea. Plus, they wanted to order Imo's pizza. No one had had their St. Louis pizza "fix" yet.

When we got back to the hotel, I asked at the front desk if Imo's delivered there. I got the pizza brochure and then asked if we could play poker in the lounge area. The clerk said "yes." I then went out on a limb and asked if we could have alcoholic beverages there too. Her response this time was "as long as you don't bring your guns"---only in the #1 crime city, St. Louis, would that come up! We were all set. I even had an idea that I thought would make the little girls happy---they could play games on my computer.
Sandy said that they were too tired so she was going to put them to bed. She wasn't very happy---but that's how it is with our family---you can't make everyone happy at the same time. We ordered the pizza and played cards until about midnight.


This is a bad picture, but the only one I had.

We all had a great time in St. Louis---as always. We got up bright and early to head back to Nashville. Now it was Morgan's turn to be unhappy. She had plans with her boyfriend's family and was mad that we had to go by the airport so Mindy could get her car. More complaining...


Most of the time large families are fun...

1 comment:

  1. I felt sorry for Mindy too for having to leave at 9:30. We thought of the solution the next day - the 3 of them should've split a cab - it wouldn't have cost that much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.