Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nail Update

I went to Venetian for my regular Thursday nail appointment and to get rid of the terrible gel job I got on Sunday. I was pretty decided that I was NOT going to be doing the gel nails after all. But, Connie emailed me and my cousin, Judy, responded on my blog that I really did have a bad experience. Both of them have been happy with the gels. I decided that the deciding factor was going to be the color choices. On Sunday, I had about 10 choices and they were pretty crappy. I'm not one to get just one color all the time. I like to change it up depending on my mood, season, hunger level (cha ching cherry sounds really good if you're hungry), etc. 

When I got to Venetian today, I first asked to see their gel colors. They showed me one of those charts with all the little fingernails on it. There must have been 100 to choose from. I was ready to give it another go. I chose #83---I'm going to miss those fun OPI colors---many of which I chose just because of the cute names---not quite a waitress red, all roses lead to rome, dress to empress, etc. 

I sat down with Jason---at Venetian, they must all have to take American names since no one can pronounce all consonants. He was cute, had good hair for a guy and could actually speak so that I could understand him. The only drawback was that he was a smoker. He was sort of flirty which at this stage, age and size of the game I totally did not fall for. I figure he was "in it" for a big tip. Yeah, I'll give him a tip---stop smoking!!!

Anyway, he did a good job and was fast. The whole ordeal took about 45 minutes and my nails look great. I'm very happy. I might not have a lot going for me right now, but at least I can like my nails. 

So I leave the place on a "high" until I encounter this:












What??? There must be some evil fairy somewhere messing with me. "Hey, she's been happy for 5 minutes, now let's get her good." I had to get in on the passenger side and then figure out how to get my bulk over to the driver side. It was really quite a trick. The body's not quite as bendable as it used to be. Gumbi I ain't. Falling on top of the gear shift didn't seem like it would be pleasurable either. Gingerly, I finally made it by taking off my shoes and easing myself over the console. 

Actually, with my new, awesome nails, I feel pretty invincible!! At least I didn't mess them up. I think I'll keep them for awhile. I already told Jason to expect me in two. weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.