Saturday, May 7, 2011

"He" Issues...

Yesterday was not a good "work" day for Butch and Barb. It didn't go well from the start.
But, first, let me bring you a little up-to-date on our home improvement projects.  As you know, this has been Butch's office for the past year. The kitchen table has been covered with all the bar stuff for about 5 weeks now.
This is where Butch has had to set up. I've meant to take a picture of him working here. You can see where his computer goes. It looked pretty funny---him wedged between the drapes from the family room. Well, that family room is the only room that is finally back in order (pictures of that to come later).

Back to yesterday. While we were putting stuff back together, hanging stuff, moving stuff, etc. it was pretty tense. "He" and I definitely have different ways of going about things---and, of course, my way is the right way! I'm admitting here that I can be hard to work with. I'm demanding, fast and have a "work 'til you drop" attitude.

Anyway, the work culminated to this last thing. Butch was on the ladder. I handed him this floral arrangement to put on the shelf. He started right off giving me a half dozen reasons why it wouldn't work---too big, looks stupid, etc. I said," just put it up there." Ya' know, you have to try things to decide. So, he carelessly, crammed it up there and just about knocked the whole thing apart. It sort of bounced out of the container. With that, I told him to get down, I'd do it myself. The result is this---I took it out of the container. He hates it. He asked me last night if he got a say in anything. I said, "NO!" This morning, he says he likes everything else (even the "window table" that he gave me such a hard time about when I won it in the auction), but he really, really hates this. I told him I'd take it into consideration. Now I'm asking you what you think. There has to be something plant or floral related to soften the look. It's too high up to put a live plant. There are still a couple of minor things that need to be done and the bar will be finished, but here's how it looks now.

Leave me a comment with your opinion.



3 comments:

  1. However.. I live in another state and don't live with him! :0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I DO live with him, I've decided to "give" on this issue. I really shouldn't complain. I get my way about most everything. A small price to pay to make him happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.