Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The House is Finished!

Well, at least everything inside is finished. The outside work hasn't even begun. That's going to be another 6 weeks. Anyway, I'm going to show you room by room what I've done. I'm starting with the family room since you've seen some of it already. Here goes:

This was the only picture I had where you could see what the bar looked like for 16 years. Mahogany cabinetry---it's a "built in" made to look like a piece of furniture.
Here it is now. Butch had his doubts when I decided to paint it white. He thought there would be too much white in the room---but I just love white woodwork---so clean and crisp looking. Plus, this room can seem pretty dark at times. No more! Light and bright. It was Butch's idea to "re-do" the bar. We had the center doors on top removed and shelves put in their place. We took the doors completely off the middle section to open up the bar. I should have thought to take before and after photos.
The new sink and faucet. The granite was hard to pick out---I don't usually have trouble with that sort of thing, but seeing it all dirty and trying to visualize it was hard. I'm really happy with it but realize that I don't want it in my kitchen. I didn't see a single color that I would like in there---all dark and busy. I'll stick with my Corian for the kitchen.
 New couch and rug. Mom's afghan goes perfect with the rug. By changing the rug and adding a few new pillows, the red is gone.
 My wall of mirrors---I still need a few more. Love the bead board.
 Now this reminds me of a realtor photo. I just have a regular camera---no fancy lenses, yet, this view makes the room look huge. I wish the room was this big! The new portrait is over the fireplace. It was the kids idea to re-create the exact same scene from 10 years ago. I was hoping to put the old picture over the television so you could really see them side-by-side, but the old picture was too big.
So I had to put it on this side of the room. I like it here.

Next will be the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.