Thursday, May 26, 2011

TSRCC

The Scrap Room Challenge Club met yesterday. The challenge this month was to use distressing on a layout or card. I have to say, I was "distressed" to have to do this. But, of course, that is what this club is all about---trying different things and being open to new possibilities. Personally, I've always thought distressing just looks dirty and messy. I like clean. Everyone rose to the challenge. Here are the results.



My distressing techniques included: crumpling, ripping, stapling, torn corrugated cardboard and journaling on masking tape. I'm happy with the results only because I used "old" pictures. Somehow, I don't think it works with "new", colorful pictures.

This was Kathy's layout from last month. The challenge then was stamping. She stamped the flowers.


This is Kathy's distressed page---stamped title---all inked up.

Karolyn did this title page for her sister's album. She inked and tore the edges.

Pam used an old kit from one of my Quickutz classes for a vintage look. Again, I think it looks great with the old photos.

Another of Kathy's layouts.

This is the "other" Barbara's layout. She is brand new to scrapbooking and does a fabulous job. I've been very impressed with her work! Besides the tearing, she inked the fabric flower. These were such cool pictures, but I didn't know what they were about. I suggested that she add the journaling which she plans to do by our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.