Monday, June 6, 2011

Elizabeth Graduates

There was a lot of excitement for Elizabeth leading up to graduation. On Wednesday, Sandy and I went to pick her up at 11:15 so she could come home early since we were visiting. Her teacher asked if she wanted to take her grammy to see her room. I asked her which chair was hers. When she pointed it out, I plopped myself down, saying---"just my size." All her little kindergarten friends started laughing. Elizabeth thought that was so funny and retold the story to everyone. 

 On Thursday, Sandy and I went shopping. Elizabeth was excited to have her grandpa picking her up. She wanted to go to the Rootbeer Stand for lunch---an old A&W that now sells hotdogs and root beer floats. Butch said the food wasn't all that great, but it was something that E was really looking forward to. Afterwards, they went geo-caching. Mitchell was along too, but he doesn't get "in" to it the Elizabeth does.


She also told me that one of the songs they were going to sing at graduation was "Mackarena Math" and that we were supposed to do the dance with it. Turns out, no one did the dance (except me from my seated position). I didn't let her down. Seems she told her little class mates that her grammy would do it. I'm glad she could count on me!

We had front row seats at both graduations. I told Sandy that I didn't care what it cost---it was a fundraiser anyway. We got the 8th grade seats for $500 and then only paid $50 for the kindergarten seats. Sandy said that the kindergarten parents didn't realize what it was all about. Worked out really good for us. Front row seats are "gold." No rush to get there an hour ahead of time.
 Elizabeth got Strawberry Shortcake dolls from her mom and dad. These dolls are quite a bit different than the ones from the 1980's. These are larger with longer legs. The only thing that has stayed the same is the smell. They're still cute.

This little girl is getting "big." Too fast if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.