Sunday, June 5, 2011

Entertaining Eads Style

Stephanie and Mindy were both out-of-town for Memorial weekend. Saturday was a work day for us. So, we decided to have the Potter's and Black's for a barbecue and poker game on Sunday night. 

Connie had a rehearsal dinner at her house on Friday night, so she has a lot of food leftover. She brought one of Virginia's famous (and fabulous) cheese balls, corn casserole, baked beans and a dessert tray. I did pork steaks and corn bread. Pam made potato salad. Everything was delicious.

It may sound like Connie provided the lion's share of the dinner, and she did, but technically, she owed me. Way back in the early 90's, after one of our walks, she invited the girls and I to dinner for omelets. Then she had to have me bring the eggs, cheese and I think the milk and mushrooms. When I arrived, I asked her what she planned to have for dinner if we hadn't come! I have a long memory! I've had a lot of fun kidding her about that for years.

 I got these cute little leaf plates from mom's "stuff." I don't think anyone else wanted them, so I took them. Now I'm glad I did. I've already used them several times.
 It was a nice evening---despite the noise of the cicadas---so we ate outside.
 How's this for a centerpiece?
 The poinsettias are left from Christmas. Usually, I keep them in the sun room, but decided to put them outside this year.
The other side of the patio. We did re-stock our fish. We'll see how many are left when we get home.

Did anybody else do anything fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.