Monday, August 29, 2011

AYM/2-Heritage Pages

I really messed up today on so many different levels. I met my day group to share their layouts, make their title page and pass out the kits for next month. Right off, I realized I forgot the kits. Then, as they were sharing their layouts, everyone asked Suzanne where she got a couple things she used on her page---some oval frames and then a couple decorative squares. She said they were in her kit---and insisted that was so. I swear, I never saw those things before. Either I'm really losing it---which really scares me, or she made a mistake. I hope that's it. Then, when it came time to make the title page, I was missing the embroidery floss needed. On the way home from the retreat yesterday, I realized I had cut out the wrong word for the page. I had to quick cut new titles today. I guess that's when I managed to leave the floss behind. But, all is not lost as the girls had their layouts---and they are really good! Check them out below.

 Sally had her own cabinet cards. She loves glitter and glittered her Ancestry title. The names are glittered alphabet stickers. She made 2 little books on this page that contain her journaling. The book on the page below also contains journaling and pictures.

 Suzanne has discovered a great way to solve a problem all of us scrapbookers have---and only those scrapbookers that read my blog are going to get in on it!!! She took the ovals on her layout and taped them to her computer screen---then she typed into them---printed on vellum---then cut them out. How ingenious!!! I thought of another way to carry it one step further---make a text box slightly larger than the opening in the frame. That way you won't have to tab or space across each long line. She also center aligned her journaling so it was easier to see where it needed to end on each line. I hope that makes sense.

 Kim stamped the fleur de lis. Her journaling is going to be on a transparency mounted on top. She also used stitching on the page which was the challenge this month. Suzanne stitched too, but it didn't show up very well.
These girls are no longer beginners!!! And their stories are really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.