Thursday, August 18, 2011

Body Facial

This post could be very long. I'm going to try to keep it brief---but that's hard for me.

I purchased a 2 hour body facial via Groupon. I've never had a body facial, but I've had many regular facials. I figured it would be the same sort of thing except for the entire body.

I arrived for my 2 hr. appointment on time. They handed me a clipboard with some papers to fill out. I did that and waited a bit---about 10 minutes. Next, a woman invited me to wait in the relaxation room---another 10 minutes. My "girl" took me into the room and stepped out while I undressed---another 10 minutes---like how long do they think stripping takes? Surely no longer than a 3 minute song---not that I have first hand experience.

She returned and started on my face---cleanser first, then mask---then sitting for another 10 minutes. Clean that off, sandy scrub, another mask---10 more minutes. Cleanse, something else put on and under the steam---about 10 more minutes. I was wondering if she was reading a book or something. I thought she could be working on another part of my body while waiting, but she didn't. Also, I should mention that she was sniffling like she had a cold. I sure hope it was just allergies or I'm due for a doozie pretty soon.

One thing she really spent a lot of time scrubbing was that little "nook" where my nose meets my face. It must have been really dirty because she scrubbed it really hard about 3 separate times. Next time, if anyone notices that I'm dirty there, please tell me. Made me wonder how bad that looked.

I was starting to get pretty cold, so I asked if she had a blanket or another sheet. She said that she was going to start the body scrub soon, so that would get my circulation going. Within another minute or so, I was shivering uncontrollably. Either she didn't notice, or didn't care. She had to have heard my teeth chattering.

When she started the body scrub, it's a darn good thing I had my eyes closed. That sand was flying everywhere. She did the whole thing really fast, had me turn over and did the rest really fast too---I'd say, less than 5 minutes for my whole body. After she scrubbed me down, she told me it was time to take a shower. The shower was in the same room, but no bathroom. Let's just say that I was in a very uncomfortable position. I took the shower and dressed quickly.

When I left the room, I checked my phone. The entire thing took 1 hour and 45 minutes. Not only did I NOT get a 2 hr. body facial, I think by the time you figure out all the "hands off" time, I'd say the whole thing was about 15 minutes.

A total rip off. I'm finding out that these Groupons aren't all they're cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.