Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Showtunes---Phantom of the Opera

I'm on my way to London. I'll be visiting the theater there on Monday. I just had to play homage to the great, British composer Andrew Lloyd Weber. Phantom of the Opera ranks in my top 5 musicals. We could have seen this in London---and I was sorely tempted, but I've already seen it so many times and I might only have one opportunity to go to the theater. I decided to opt for something completely different, but also---so exclusively British! Next Saturday, you can look forward to a post from what we see on Monday. Until then, get lost with the masters---Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman (in case you don't know this, Andrew wrote Phantom for Sarah's voice---his wife at the time. Another bit of trivia, Phantom was Michael's first musical. He was a comedian and not even a singer!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FmGtCIOwB4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.