Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Just Like Christmas with my Flea Market Finds!

When I went to St. Louis in August with my friends, we did a little antiquing. There wasn't enough room in the car, so I left my stuff behind. Of course, I didn't remember anything that I bought, so it was really like Christmas when I opened up all the packages today. Also included in the pictures below are the "new" things I got this weekend on our "Cousin's Crop" at which no cousin's came.
 This is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Works right in to my button fetish. Jeanne doesn't like it!

One of these large mirrors came from that August trip and the other I got this weekend. I am just about finished with my wall. I might just need a couple more smaller ones.
 
More buttons, and lots of vintage earrings. I see more button bracelets in my future. I might just start selling them on Etsy!

You'll have to stay tuned for what I have planned for these. It'll be cute.

An overview of all my new stuff.

 "What's up with the irons"---you ask? Have I moved on to a new collection (remember the toasters)? Or is it that I'm going to take up ironing again? I don't think so....you can see below what it is I am doing with them. I don't plan to get any more.
I can never pass up these cute little Madame Alexander dolls---and the pink hangers were too cute.

I just love these little tart tins. I have another idea for them. I bought the ones in front this weekend, because, frankly, I didn't remember that I bought the ones in the back in August. I have lots of ideas. Since I'm still running on "speed dial," I might have the time to actually implement my ideas.

This was my favorite purchase in August. I can't remember exactly what I paid for them---it was either $20 or $25---for 8---quart bottles in an old wire rack. It's going to sit on top of the refrigerator until I need it as a centerpiece with flowers. I'm really excited about that.

I found this "solo" bridge player and thought it would be a good idea for long car rides. Karolyn quipped that it was a bridge game for losers. Considering my partner and I lost at bridge last Thursday, she may be right!

You can never have too many black-topped bottles---especially at Halloween.

These are Christmas gifts for a friend. Since she doesn't read my blog, she won't know.

 I have absolutely no idea why I bought these eggs---it was in the August batch. Maybe it's about competing with Jeanne and Karolyn's bird's nests on their front porches. The vintage gummed labels and yellow lace will show up in some AYM kits.
 No explanation necessary!
And here they are---the irons----perfect bookend that won't slide! 

Finally, you know how I mentioned a few posts ago that I am a "faller?" Well, I did it again this weekend. Not once, but twice. I scratched my knees when I fell while loading the car this morning. Luckily for me, everyone else was inside. Boy it hurt. I was carrying my printer with my "class" tub on top. I could NOT let that fall. I tripped on a stepping stone---always moving too fast---I really have to slow down. I hit my knees and the printer hit the ground, but I didn't topple over or roll. And my class tub didn't fall and get all disorganized---that would have been a disaster. Hopefully, the printer will be okay. It slid off the seat to the floor on the way to Holiday Hills, so the poor thing has taken some abuse. It won't get used again until spring. I'll have to remind myself to check it out before dragging it along.

My second fall came when I took my shower on Saturday. I didn't really want to take a shower, but everyone else was, so I figured I should. The shower is one of those insert type of things and actually has a sit down spot. While washing, I decided to sit down to do my feet. I lathered up the first foot. When I put it down and lifted the other, I started to slip. There was nothing to grab on to, so I slid right off on to the floor---half in and half out because all I could think of was, "I don't want to get my hair wet." It all happened really in slow motion. That's what I get for taking a shower. Lesson learned!

We had the best time. It's just such a nice mental health break too. To be able to relax and do whatever you want, whenever you want. Just perfect.

Tomorrow I'll post all the layouts we got done. They are good! Plus a couple of projects too.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb, I know what you mean about how happy you get with flea market finds. Love all your goodies, specially the buttons. I'm loving those little stem flowers you cam up with. Hope your knees get better soon.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.