Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Voila'!

Here it is---in all its glory! My new, clean, re-organized scrapbook room. You might think it's overwhelming, but there is something meaningful and inspiring to see everywhere you look. If you check out a magazine called "Where Women Create" you will see that this is the "norm." Anyway, here are the pictures.

The view from the door as you enter the room. It was (as Butch likes to say) "o'dark thirty" when I took these pictures. I took more during the day a little further down.
 This view is from my work table. I know, I've got a lot of stuff---and I know where it all is. There was one thing I couldn't find awhile back---Glimmer Mist---but I found where I put that. There's only one thing missing that I've looked for twice. I have this pencil box container full of acrylic stamps that I keep in my rolling tote for crops. It isn't there. I thought maybe I put it somewhere in my room, but I never found it. I'm thinking that I left it at some retreat somewhere. Darn.
 Part of my vintage clock collection. I love my old pink typewriter---and I use it too! The old pink phone actually works---if I'd plug it in to my phone jack. I like it right where it is.
 I got my hot pink mannequin at Pottery Barn a few years ago. I've festooned her with a crown I got for being the "queen of the crop" a few years back. I've pinned vintage broaches, dangling chandelier crystals on the top and pinned on old hankies for the skirt---only pink and white---is there any other color?
I made this banner at Creative Escape in Arizona a few years ago. I love it because when I go in this room that's what I do. There's just something so calming about being in this creative space. It's a luxury to me to have this place. Although, it will never be painted again. And I feel sorry for whoever has to clean it out after me. This room keeps me from the thought of moving.

 A little close-up of my baubles in an old muffin tin. I like anything shiny and bright.
Pink gumballs in a canister. I gave Steph some for her "pink" martini party. She made a bubblegum martini for which these were the perfect touch.
 I should have taken a close-up of my print box. I love it. Why? It's all about ME! That's what this room is all about---things I love, things that have meaning for me, a place to display all of my childhood "junk." I just wish I'd kept more things. The dresses are Mindy's baby dresses. I'll give them back to her if/when she has a baby and incorporate them into her decor.
 Those pink Christmas trees are a permanent part of my room---ornaments and all.


 My adopted relatives.
 My adopted town.

My work table has never been this clear. When I work, I end up with about 12" of space with crap closing in on me all around. I don't know how that happens. I have a pink, enamel, baby bath on the floor to the right of my chair that I drop things in to when I'm finished. That helps to give me more space.

Some of my favorites---My Camp Fire Girl vest, neckerchief, beanie, Horizon Club gown and then the BEST---my mother's wedding dress. You can't see it, but I've cut the lace on the back and incorporated it in to each grandchild's wedding scrapbook or wedding decorations.We have a lot of girls. I hate to think about using the front. But I think it's so special that all of the girls would have a bit of it.
A few of my works in progress.

I can't wait for Elizabeth to see it now. A couple years ago when she was about four, she said to me, "Grammy, did you BUY all this stuff?" That made me snort!

That's it for now.

Next up---layouts from The Scrap Room Challenge Club.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.