Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Few More Things, continued...

The tree with presents under it.
I even used coordinating paper that would look good under the tree. The only problem is that by the time I actually get the gifts wrapped, it's just about the time I have to give them. These presents were only under there for a day. Now it's bare again.

While at Loews on Saturday, we came very close to having a major argument over this light. It's an outside light, but I want to put it in Mindy's living room. She's all excited about it. The catch is that it needs to be bolted to the floor. Butch said, "no way." I say, "for crying out loud, it's a concrete floor. What's the big deal?" He was getting worked up. I then asked about just mounting the lamp to a square plate to provide the stability it needs. He calmed down and said that might work. He's going to check with the guy that is doing all the work at Mindy's place. I've come up with a few other questions myself, so it might not work. Plus, there could be some sort of codes issue with putting an outside light inside. We'll see. We just love the "New Orleans" look of it. Plus, how unique to have this type of lamp post in your living room---a good conversation piece. I hope it works out.
He's doing it again. Using the kitchen chairs as a coat rack. On the weekend, there will be a coat on each chair. I'll take a picture the next time to prove it.
Our most recent purchase. These coffee makers are all the rage now. I'm sort of surprised that "mr thrifty" would go for it. This one came from Target. It was on sale for $99. plus you got a $20. Target gift card---bringing the cost down to $79.00. A really good price.
It's the little coffees that cost so much. Butch has checked online, joined a club, gotten some for half price.  He's even made a spreadsheet so he can rate each flavor and variety to decide which ones he likes. Anyway, I think the cost is about 57 cents each. His point is that he only drinks one cup of coffee a day, so it's worth it. But the problem is that he's been drinking 2 cups a day. Kind of extravagant if you ask me. Oh well, it makes him happy and keeps him busy. Okay by me.

I'll leave you with a couple of lines from "Married With Children." Mindy was about 10 when she and I loved that show. It was totally inappropriate for her, so we "gave it up" for Lent one year and never watched it again. I bought the whole series a few months ago and have been enjoying it in my scrapbook room. Today, I laughed so hard, Butch must have thought I was crazy.

Peg as they were coming up from the basement: "Oh Al, take me again!"
Al: "I didn't know I was taking you then. I tripped over a box and thought the furnace fell on me."

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.