Monday, December 12, 2011

A Few Things...

On Saturday, I updated my Facebook status as "going appliance shopping with Mindy. What's the point?"

In case you need an explanation, what I meant was, she doesn't cook or grocery shop and barely does laundry. I guess she does need a place to store the food she doesn't cook---or at least---to keep the food she takes home from here.

It ended up being a waste of time. We went to Loews and Home Depot. We didn't really accomplish anything---except that Butch decided we're better off ordering the appliances online. He's handling it which is okay by me. Coordinating the delivery is going to be a challenge.

To prove my point about her cooking, the picture below is of two cakes she made for Stephanie's surprise party a few weeks ago. Yes, they are cakes. But they look surprisingly similar to the next photo. She was insulted because I kept explaining what she needed to do---she was at our house because she doesn't have cake pans or bowls. I was on my way home from Sandy's. I was trying to guide her through it. She said she had made a cake before. Must have been when she was 10 as these cakes look like they were made by a 10 year old---unnatural color frosting, lots of sprinkles and pink frosting writing. I heard they tasted good.

Those cakes look very much like the meatloafs I made for Mindy's birthday dinner. I make really good meatloaf. I just happened to notice the similarity in the two pictures.
 I've been taking a lot of grief from the family about this candle. Mindy and Stephanie want to know who even knows the smell of warm woolen mittens---it sounds like it wouldn't be good anyway---more like wet wool. In my defense, Yankee Candle has done a whole line this holiday season based on "My Favorite Things." I'm sure the "whiskers on kittens" would be worse. I can't tell you what the candle smells like, but it's good---just not exactly recognizable. Which goes back to: no one knows what warm woolen mittens smell like.
 Isn't this tea beautiful? It's by Harney & Sons and is "Rose Scented Tea"---it smells so good. You can definitely taste the rose flavor. I love it.
 Just a few of my favorites. I make a different pot each morning. Love my loose teas.
The only bags in the bunch---the English Breakfast tea that Jeanne gave me. Butch uses it for iced tea sometimes---he doesn't know how to use my loose teas.
Recently---about a year ago---I learned this trick from a MAN! As I pulled the roll out of the box, yet, one more time, Bruce showed me those little press in tabs on all the wrap boxes. I never knew about them Quite nifty little things.

Has anybody else noticed that Glee has been really good for the past three weeks? It hasn't even been controversial. I'm not sure what they are going to do since most of the characters are graduating. We'll see.

A few more things coming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.