Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fun Times in St. Louis

Yesterday, I had lunch with Aunt Marie at "Babbo's"---a really good Italian restaurant. I can never get enough Italian food in St. Louis. I can be happy with just the salads alone. Every Italian restaurant puts "stuff" in their salads---unlike Nashville---where you get lettuce, a tomato slice and a few croutons. I've been complaining about that for years. Here, every place has a bit of a different take on a salad. They include, artichokes, pimentos, black olives, pepperoccinnis, red onions and tons---I mean tons of cheese.
Give me a salad and a slice of Italian bread and I'm good to go.

Later, I met Chris for a movie. We opted for popcorn rather than dinner. We saw "The Artist" and enjoyed it thoroughly. This is the silent film. The silence didn't bother me at all. But I have to admit, there were so many times I wished I could see things in color. I love the 1920's and 1930's style of decorating and dress. I would have been nice to be able to see the color palettes. Anyway, it was really good.

After the movie, I went to Michaels. I haven't been there is quite awhile. Seems they have changed ALL of their dollar bins to $1.50 bins. Bummer.

Here are a few pictures from the shower on Saturday.
Here's the happy mom-to-be. She's a cute little pregnant girl! This baby afghan was made by my mom for her brother, Johnny. Jeanne (her mom) gave it to her with the understanding that if Johnny has a boy, she'll give it back. Angie is going to have a little boy.
All of a sudden, we have become the "old" aunts. How did that happen? All of the original "old" aunts are long gone now. Joyce is the only one missing.
Sharon made the centerpiece for the shower---the diaper cake on the right. One of Angie's friends made the diaper cake on the left. She made an airplane out of diapers. Since Angie's husband, Brian is a pilot, that was the perfect thing.

The fun is continuing. My friends, Pam, Nancy and Karolyn are arriving today. We're going antiquing today and tomorrow and then on to the scrapbook retreat on Thursday. I can't wait to scrapbook---it's been too long. It calms me---and I need that for balance in my life.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.