Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Little Things Make Me Happy!

I've always said that little things make me happy. But I have to admit, it's also little things that can drive me nuts! Sometimes a little thing has to drive me nuts before another little thing can make me happy. Take    
our cordless phones---for instance. We've been plagued with sporadic, static-y phones for a couple of years now. I've even replaced the phones, thinking they were the problem, only to find that they weren't.

Our most recent phone problems began with our security upgrade. We've put up with static-y phones for nearly 3 weeks simply because I haven't had time to deal with the problem. This week, I did. I called Comcast and suffered through the typical half hour of getting no where, only to have to schedule an appointment. Today was the day. Actually, it was supposed to be yesterday, but they didn't show up. Instead, we got a call that today was "our" day.

"Larry" the cable guy showed up at 9:30. His first question was "where is your phone box." Huh?? I asked him if he meant the modem. "No, the phone box where all the wires are." I have no idea. I took him in to the mud room and showed him the security system box. "No," that wasn't it. He said he'd just roam around outside. I told him about some box on the side of the house. That was the tv cable stuff, not phone related. Eventually, he found what he was looking for in the garage. I had no idea there was something out there.

In the meantime, with all this roaming around, he left his booties ON! Now doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of NOT walking on my white carpet in the bedroom (where the modem is located) if you've traipsed all over outside and in the garage with them? I questioned him about it because I really, really, really, wig out about walking on my carpet. I cannot tell you how it literally makes me sick to my stomach to have people walk on my white carpet with shoes on. As I write this, it dawns on me that Butch bought me some sort of drop cloth that I'm supposed to put down when workmen are here. I completely forgot about that. Bummer.

Anyway, I was really irritated about him walking on the carpet, but on the other hand, he fixed my phones and that makes me really happy. So now, if you want to call me, we can have a nice conversation without static. Only kidding, don't call me. You know how I feel about the phone. Email me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.