Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love Never Dies

Everyone knows how passionate I am about the theater. A few years ago, when I heard that Andrew Lloyd Weber had written a sequel to Phantom of the Opera, I knew I would have to see it. I bought the music as soon as it came out. In fact, we had tickets to see it in London last fall. However, the show closed before we got there. What a disappointment for me. How awesome would that have been to see Love Never Dies on a London stage? I did get to see We Will Rock You instead.

Anyway, fast forward to this past weekend. I heard on my Sirius radio---I mostly listen to the Broadway channel---that there was going to be a "one night only" theatrical event of Love Never Dies. Since it was going to be on our stitching night, I emailed the gang to see if they wanted to go with me. Of course, I couldn't leave my girls out, nor the little girls. After all, they've been exposed to the theater since they saw Beauty and the Beast at the ages of 3 & 4. I'm very proud that they love the theater and have a pretty good knowledge of it too.

I went yesterday to buy the tickets in advance. They were $18.00 apiece. That was a bit of a shock, but no where near the price of a theater ticket.

Connie, Nancy, Karolyn, Mindy, Morgan, Jordan and I had dinner at Yolo's before the show. We got to the show at 7---a half hour before it was to start. Unbeknownst to me, they had some "pre-show" documentary playing. I was "bummed" that we missed some of that.

The show started and was absolutely fabulous. Only the little girls (not so little anymore---but how I differentiate between them and my "big" girls) and I knew the story from listening to the music. I would play it as I picked them up from school. They insisted that I stop it when they got out and restart it the next day when they got in. About a half hour from the end, we literally sat in the driveway to finish listening to it.

We all thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a tear jerker. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd.
Enjoy the trailer:
Love Never Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.