Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daylight Savings Time

It's that time---we "spring forward" and lose an hour of sleep tonight. We went to 4:30 Mass today, so we won't have to worry about that in the morning. Plus, we're getting ready to go to the Holy Land for 12 days. Am I packed? No. In fact, I was joking with my friends on Friday night that I'd only need an hour to shower and throw all my stuff together. That really works for me. Why? Because I have a list!!! You know I'm a "list--er." I make lists for everything. Kind of like my timelines---I live by them.

Linda called me on Tuesday to ask if I had my list made. That struck me as funny as she and David are the world travelers. Why she would need my list, I don't know. Later, Butch asked me the same thing. I figured I better get the list started. Actually, I do like to make my lists days ahead. That way, if I forgot anything, it usually comes to me.

Stephanie is taking us to the airport around 10. We're flying through JFK in New York. Once we leave there, it's a 10 hour flight. I'm hoping my hives don't flare up this trip. We'll see. At least I have plenty of prednisone.

I do intend to share my trip here. The schedule is jammed packed---not really how I like to travel. I'm hoping to have some time to download my pictures as we go along. I'll post a few good ones---assuming we have internet access and it's half-way fast. One of the hotels has listed:
"Complimentary internet access available for a minimal fee." Well then, it's not COMPLIMENTARY! That means FREE. If they are charging a minimal fee, then it's not free!

It's 11 p.m. and I'm about ready to go to bed. I am reading the BEST book and can't wait to get back to it. I always read about 15-30 minutes in bed at night. Anyway, this book takes place in Virginia in the late 1700's. It's called The Kitchen House. Sandy recommended it. It's about slavery and the slaves relationships with their white masters. Some of the slaves worked in the "big" house and managed the detached "kitchen" house. This put them a notch above the "field" slaves. Anyway, it is fabulous and very quick. I just started it on Monday and am almost halfway. This is my 7th book since January 1st. Christmas is when I got my Kindle. I love it. It's going to be especially great for this trip---no big books to weigh down my luggage.

Here are a few layouts I did at the scrapbook retreat in Barry, IL that I tried to download last weekend.
I stamped with a pale yellow paint that I brushed on bubble wrap to make the corners. The yellow ruffle is seam binding that I bunched and stapled. The lettering is stickers. I love when I get the chance to use vintage button cards.
"Where it all Began" is the title of this page about my grandparent's 25th wedding anniversary. I'm about 4 years old in the pictures. The little dark-haired girl is my mom---I think she's about 5 in this photo.
"Full House" is a collage of family photos. The one on the left is by a professional photographer we hired for mom's 75th birthday.
"Family Matters" is another page of random photos---no particular story---just lots of photos.
"It's all about the hunt" is a layout about geo-caching. This one is for Elizabeth's album since she loves geo-caching. Speaking of Elizabeth---for 5 years old, she's pretty darn smart. When we were there a month ago, she said to me, "grammy, I have a loose molar." I asked her what a molar was and she really knew. Now my question is this: Where in her little life would she have heard the word molar and actually know what it is? She hasn't even lost a regular tooth yet. By the way, it wasn't loose.

Okay, I'm off to bed. It will be Monday (hopefully) when you hear from me again. I hope we have a good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.