Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Report

I have a lot to report. But I have slow internet and sometimes it all comes up in Hebrew---which, of course, I can't read. Hopefully, our next hotel (which will be Thursday) might have better access. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this----in case you are worrying about the state of affairs here.

3 Israelis with machine guns boarded our bus today. We were at a checkpoint between Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Our tour guide said that was unusual as they just normally wave us through. We all had to show our passports and then they let us go. Later we found out there was some serious stuff happening around here.

I don't know what land they are fighting for---it's all rocky and seems useless to me!!!

Good stuff coming.

Okay, one more thing. So remember when you went on bus rides as a kid---the songs you sang? "100 bottles of beer on the wall"----or "oh here is to the bus driver the bus driver, the bus driver?" Well, today we sang 2 songs---"Adeste Fedelis" and "Silent Night." I'm like---"Christmas songs---what the?" Then I remembered, we were on our way to Bethlehem and they wanted to get us in the mood....

A whole lot of "churchy" stuff!!! And ya' know, I'm not the best Catholic. There sure are a lot of holy people around here---and Jews! Or am I supposed to say "Jewish people." I mean no disrespect---but they have those long pigtails in the front.

Fun, food---BAD---and you know how you shouldn't mess with my food. Food details coming too!! And pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I always think of the bit in the Blues Brothers when she says "There's two honkies out there, they look like Hasidic Diamond merchants....." so now I am imagining you surrounded by Blues brothers lookalikes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.