Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm Such a Procrastinator

I have needed to clean up my scrapbook room for just about 2 weeks. I put it off and put it off even when I put it into my schedule. I've had plenty of time to do it, but instead, have enjoyed reading outside in this gorgeous weather. The several times I've actually gone up there to get started, I get side-tracked with something else and actually make it worse. "Hhmmm, maybe I'll start getting the AYM kit contents together." Which then leads to further mess. I can hardly walk anywhere for all the crap on the floor. The next time I decided to get started, I noticed the stack of layouts that is actually Butch's AYM from last year that I hadn't yet put together. So I decided to do that, got side-tracked with something else and now have added those layouts to my work table.

I told myself not to worry about it since I was going to be home all day today. We leave for St. Louis tomorrow, so I definitely wanted to get it all cleaned up. This is how it went:

My plan was to go up to my room after Mindy and Butch left and I had the house straightened up---8 a.m. I skipped my shower since I'm home all day anyway---who cares how I look. After I did all the straightening, I saw my Kindle and remembered how good my book is---Winter Palace---about Catherine the Great. I figured I could read until 9 a.m. and still have plenty of time to work. I actually read until 9:30---just lost a half hour.

When I first got upstairs, I decided that I needed to get everything together that I was taking with me to St. Louis. I have several gifts to wrap and planned to do that in front of the tv tonight. I got it all together and wrote a couple of checks for sisters that I owe. Then I remembered about my Making the Most of My Memories Workshop that starts next Wednesday. I needed to send all the participants my welcome message along with their "pre-class" assignment. That took another 45 minutes.

Finally, I was ready to get started in my room. I walked in and started putting a few things away. I came across a pile of pictures for AYM that I hadn't decided whether I wanted to use or not. I decided---but that required me to scan some of them---just in case I might want to use them for something else. Then I noticed Connie's flash drive sitting there. I thought, "well, since I'm scanning and printing pictures, I might as well do hers." Then I remembered a mistake I made on her layout for last month. I inadvertently left off the last sentence in her journaling. I got out the layout, measured the journaling box, spent about 20 minutes trying to find the font I used---only to realize that that font was on my laptop---which I was too lazy to go downstairs to get. So I picked a different font, printed it out, pried up the original journaling and put down the new. By the time I did all this, it was 12:30---an hour past my lunchtime. Time to quit---I can come up later---after my nap.

That didn't happen either. The day is just too beautiful. So here I am, outside, updating my blog.

I swear, I can find more things to eat up my time. Certainly I must have ADD---ya' think?

The mess on my work table. I don't even know where to begin! I'll get to it---I guess it will be Monday now.
I did get a path cleared to the door. But see that black rolling bag and tote? Neither have been emptied since I was at the farm two weeks ago.
This table isn't so bad. The stack of layouts are part of Butch's album and my layouts for The Scrap Room Challenge Club. What I'm putting off is sorting and putting away all those pictures on the right.

Now I've set my goal for Monday morning. Remember, I don't work at night. If it's not done by 5, it doesn't get done around here.

I'm getting another post ready for Friday while I'm gone. I'll be back on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't have that family picture I see in your layout. Will you give me a copy please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I thought for sure your blog would be about Dick Clark today. On our local news they also spoke about St. Louis Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.