Thursday, May 3, 2012

Guys Just Don't Get It

I think girls are all the same in this. When you plan an outing, you figure out where to meet so that you can ride together. Not so with guys. Case in point.

A couple of weeks ago, Butch and his buddies were going to play golf at a course they had not played at before. I asked him if the guys were picking him up or if he was meeting them. He said, "neither, I'm meeting them there." 

"Huh! I thought you were going together?"

"That would be at least 30 minutes out of my way." He meant round trip. Guys just don't do the companionship thing as well as we girls. Whatever, as long as they get together at all.

On another note, this past weekend was our semi-annual golf/scrapbooking weekend. We usually go to a state park. This year, we went to the Broussard's farm. We girls left on Thursday late afternoon to get a jump on the weekend. Butch hauled all of my stuff out and loaded my car. I mean a lot of stuff. Unless it's  a formal scrapbook retreat, I take my computer and a printer so we have journaling potential. Everyone relies on me to do it. Add to that my "big" rolling tote, tool kit, tote of magazines and catalogs, duffel bag, cooler, bags of food and drinks including the wine---you can see it's a lot. The only problem is that he starts loading before I've completely packed. As a result, I end up just sticking things here and there. When I got to the farm, I couldn't find anything. Hate that. Seems too disorganized for me. In fact, I called him to tell him that the bottled water and potatoes didn't make it. I left him a message. It wasn't until later that I discovered them in another bag. There were a couple of things I would have sworn I brought, but couldn't find---a nuisance for sure. On the other hand, I'm so appreciative that Butch hauls all my stuff, this is a small annoyance---worth putting up with.

I'm still meeting the girls at Curves in the mornings. I love this cartoon though! I still hate working out. I do it because it's good for me. Meeting the girls makes it bearable.
I saw these at Hobby Lobby. They are perfect for scrapbook storage. The long one is $19.99 and has 6 drawers. I didn't look at the other prices. Below is a close up.

Having Mindy do AYM this year is turning out to be somewhat of a pain. She doesn't need my help with the scrapbooking---and I set her up with a basic tool kit for Christmas. In fact, she has great ideas and does really good work. Her stories are always hysterically funny. I love that. But the part that drives me crazy is that her ideas cause ME to have to search for photos. I'm very organized about my pictures. That's a very successful class that I teach. I practice what I preach. Not only do I download my photos every time I use my camera, I put them all on a disk at the end of the year. I have the disks dated. They are only for archive purposes---in case of some photo disaster. I NEVER intend to retrieve photos from them. I've offered to let Mindy have the disks. Let her wade through 1000's of photos each year! I am glad she's doing it and hope she sees it through! She's good!

I guess that's about it for now. I will have layouts posted tonight on the AYM blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.