Thursday, May 10, 2012

Morgan is Licensed to Drive!

Last Friday was St. Cecilia's May Procession. Morgan invited me to go. I have no illusions that she really wanted me there, but rather wanted me to bring the lunch from The Picnic. After Mass, she asked me if I had remembered a blanket. I replied, "seriously? I've been to so many of these---yes I brought a blanket." We had a nice time. On the way home, I thought about it. I've been to 12 May Processions and picnics over the course of 27 years.
Here's Morgan in her new car---a Hyundai Sante Fe. Very nice with only 43,000 miles for a 2006. Butch is the master negotiator. he got it for a good price. He wigged out when he saw this:
 There was bird poop on the front of her car. He started lecturing her that bird poop takes the paint off. Morgan did exactly the right thing----she asked her grandpa what she needed to clean it off. Then she went in the house and got the stuff and cleaned it off.  I just hope she keeps having pride in her "new" car.


 Morgan's boyfriend, Carson. He was in the pool, thus the bare feet!
Morgan requested salmon and carrot casserole. I added fruit salad, peas and Sister Shubert rolls. She had these mini bundt cakes from "Nothing Bundt Cake." They are so good! There were lemon, red velvet, chocolate and strawberry---all with cream cheese frosting. Delish. She opened gifts, but I forgot to take pictures. She got a Kindle, a case for it, gift card to Amazon, gas card, a yellow floppy hat, an Alabama steering wheel cover and license plate and a vintage camera. She loved it all.
In Tennessee, you have to make an appointment to get your license. Stephanie called over 6 weeks ago and the soonest appointment was June 18th. Of course, Morgan would not want to wait that long. Stephanie found  a slot in Tullahoma, TN. It's an hour and a half away. She had to take time off work to take her, but she got it and is one happy teen. I just pray for her safety! I can really get myself worked up thinking about these teenagers driving. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep safe, Morgan! We've been thinking about teenagers and driving here too. Photos to follow..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.