Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stuff

Mindy got a promotion at HCA. She's going to be traveling more---I'm sad about that---but it's an opportunity that she can't pass up. She'll be on the road every week---Monday to Thursday and work from home on Fridays. We're proud of her---she's definitely a hard worker.

My niece, Jackie just had her new baby. They wanted to be surprised (I love that---the old-fashioned way.) She had a little girl, Evelyn Margaret. I like the old-fashioned name too. I don't know what they plan to call her.

My other niece, Angie had her baby boy, Travis (I've already forgotten his middle name) in April. I got to see him when he was just a few days old on my last trip to St. Louis. The next generation gets to grow up together! Love that too.

I just heard the most asinine thing on our news. One of the local elementary school has a bat infestation---so bad that a teacher has been bitten and they had to close school. Here's the stupid part: it's against the law to disturb the bats while they are nesting. Putting kids at risk doesn't seem to be a problem. They say that this school has been infested with bats for many, many years. How stupid. It seems like a no brainer to me.

I finished my "Making the Most of My Memories" Workshop today. Sometimes I feel like what I do is trivial and frivolous, but then I get something like this:


"Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed the photo organizing class.  I kept contemplating before the start whether to justify the expense or not...but knowing I needed to organize my STUFF, thought that I would stick to it so as not to waste the $50!  The class turned out to be so much more than i had anticipated and well worth the money!  I'm excited about scrapbooking again, not as overwhelmed with the amount of photos, and looking forward to the future AYM classes.  Thanks again for the class.  I would highly recommend it to anyone!! :)"
jennifer

My little neighbor he/she that visits every morning. I've noticed a distinct reduction in our squirrel population. Butch and I were just saying we can't recall the last time we saw one. Amazing---just one cat equals zero squirrels. Hmmm, sounds like the page title for TSRCC! Actually I already have a really good idea for that. I just might have to do 2 layouts this month.

I'm not sure if I posted a picture of the latest addition to my garden----they are Endless Summer hydrangeas. They are supposed to bloom all summer. They are gorgeous---going from cream and green to pink.

50 Shades of Grey update:
I have about 125 pages left and have to say, I'm a little bored with it. The writing is amateurish, but the author is laughing all the way to the bank. On GMA this morning, they said that this book has already out-sold the Twilight series AND The Hunger Game series. Unbelievable. All I've got to say is: I was spanked plenty as a kid---I sure as heck don't want to be spanked as an adult. I don't get it, but to each his own. I don't know if I'll bother reading the other two, but Sandy said that it stops abruptly---just about forcing you to read the others to find out what happens. I'm waiting for the message, but there hasn't been one yet. Would I recommend it? Only if you consider yourself well-read and want to be "in the know" of what all the hubbub is all about. I think it's a generation of gals in their 30's that perhaps are not big readers that have caused this hype. I can think of many better books for sure.

I guess that's it for now.
Later...



1 comment:

  1. "laughing all the way to the bank" - I think you have it absolutely right there. hey - maybe you should have a go at writing one of your own?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.