Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Movie Review

Today, Pam and I saw Rock of Ages. It hasn't gotten very good reviews, but we LOVED it. Pretty much anything with music I'm going to like---plus it's taken from a Broadway Show. I haven't seen it on stage, but Sandy and Greg have. They said it was great. It's in my theater line-up for this season, so I'll get to see the stage version too.

Anyway, I haven't liked Tom Cruise since his couch episode on Oprah. I have to admit, he played a burned out druggie very well. I also liked Russell Brand. I've never seen him in anything and just thought he was goofy. Julianne Hough---what can I say----she's got it all---beauty, dances and has a great voice. Catherine Zeta Jones was good too.

I'm going to ask Mindy to find out if they all did their own singing. If so, Tom, Alec Baldwin, Russell sounded good. I already knew CKJ was a singer from Chicago.


The only part I didn't like was when they made fun of boy bands. They were obviously referring to New Kids on the Block, who I still love.

Go see it, they did a lot of "mash-ups" of 80"s songs. Loved it.

Tomorrow my pantry report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.