Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another Trip

It's been a busy week as I get ready to go out-of-town again. This time, I'm heading to the beach---Santa Rosa, FL---with my friends. We're leaving on Sunday and coming home on Friday. We're just going to read, play games, watch movies, stitch, float in the pool---and I might have to go to the beach. I might have to go shopping too. I'm going to go with the flow, but I can assure you that I will not go to the beach more than once. I pretty much hate the sand---and the taste of the ocean. Just walking along the beach and you can be sure that water will splash up. Plus, this is not a good beach to find stuff.

There's really not much to report, but I have a few photos to share.


 Remember our turkeys from the past few years? They quit coming this year. I see them in the morning down the street on my way to Curves. But for whatever reason, they have stopped coming our way.
 Some things never change. I came across this note recently---written while Mindy was in college. He could almost write this today---except, Mindy has (as she likes to say) become a financially responsible adult. And she has. Way to go Mindy! She's just getting ready to buy herself a new Mac this weekend since it's tax free.
 What the heck? One of my sisters left this behind. I didn't even know they still made the stuff. I haven't heard of it since the 60's before blow dryers. Washing your hair required rollers and sitting under a hair dryer. Quite an ordeal. I used to get up at 5 a.m., wash my hair, roll it and go back to sleep under the hair dryer.
 I am just loving my new tree hydrangeas. I haven't cut them to bring inside. I'll have to see if they dry as well as my annabelles. I love the droopy nature of them.

 The tree hydrangeas show up so well on either side of the porch.

 We lost another part of our Oklahoma Red Bud. One of my favorite things about red buds is the horizontal nature of the tree. But now without the rest of the tree, ours just looks lopsided.

 Little Evie fell asleep while reading.
Butch hard at work in his home office! I've adjusted after 2 1/2 years to having his office junk on the baker's rack. I still don't like it. But after all, he lives here too!

That's it for now. Next report from the beach! I'll show you Linda Bohan's house, where we'll be staying. It's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.