Friday, August 31, 2012

On the Road Again

Yes, we're heading out tomorrow at (as Butch likes to say) "o-dark thirty." Really, we're getting up at 4 a.m. Butch and I are flying in to Boston to meet up with Walter and Chris. From there, we're renting a car and driving through New England. We may be slightly too early for the changing of the leaves, but that's okay. It's supposed to be a relaxing trip with plenty of stitching time for Chris and I. We'll see. Butch and Walter have done all the planning. I'm not sure what all we're doing. Each day is going to be a surprise. I'll take you along---I'm supposed to have plenty of leisure time, so plan to keep up with my blog.

The girls came over for "happy hour" tonight and then we went to the club for dinner.
Mindy was supposed to be in New Orleans this weekend. Due to Hurricane Isaac, she had to cancel her plans. They actually opened the airport on Friday, but by then, she couldn't get a flight. She's making the best of it by planning a lot of activities for the long weekend. She and Steph are hanging out tonight.

Butch has given the girls all the instructions for feeding his fish (both inside and out), picking up the mail, newspaper and any possible packages. They also have to pick our car up on Sunday from the airport. We didn't want to inconvenience any of them to take us to the airport at 4:30 a.m.!!

One last thing. I've posted a bunch of new layouts on the AYM blog. Just click on the AYM button on the right.

My next report will be from the road.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful trip. You must be feeling a good bit better then?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.