Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 3 & 4, continued

I'm going to try this again:

 The monarch butterflies were all over the place.
 Butch and I in the children's garden. Every section was based on a children's book.
 Another butterfly on the butterfly bush.
 The picket fence in the children's garden had "kitty hat" tops rather than regular pickets. This butterfly stopped at exactly the right time. Looks more like a hair bow.
 This Rose of Sharon was probably one of my favorites in the garden. The blue was so pretty.
 I have never seen artichokes growing. The flower on the left is what happens if you don't harvest the artichoke. I guess if I had a garden full, it would be hard to cut them before the flower. After the flower, they are worth eating.
 I couldn't believe how this frog just sat there---even when kids came right up to it. It held still for the picture too.
Of course it stands to reason that there would be snakes in the garden, but they still creep me out!
 This gigantic fisherman was at the entrance to our hotel, Brown's Wharf in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
We've all had our share of lobster. Last night, I loved how it was served in individual roasters. I'm pretty adept at cracking them now. I've had my fill. I may have to veer away from my plan to have seafood at every meal. For lunch today, I had nachos with chili and cheese. I felt a little like I was betraying my plan. I haven't had a lobster roll yet, but everyone else hasn't been impressed with them. I said I'll have one when we get to a place that says they make the best. Then I'll give them a try. I did have a grilled muffin---that was really good. But you can't really mess up a muffin!

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.